This post shows you how to generate beautiful terrariums like these with Stable Diffusion.
Windows or Mac
We will need the Lyriel model, which renders darker illustration-style images.
Follow the instruction to install the model.
You will need to have the ControlNet extension installed. See the ControlNet tutorial for installation instructions.
Select the following two extensions if you use our site’s Google Colab notebook.
- Ultimate SD upscale
And download the model using the
Model_from_URL field. Put in:
To download the Lyriel model.
You need to download and install the 4x-UltraSharp Upscaler if you don’t have it already. Put it in the folder
Step 1: Text-to-image parameters
In the Stable Diffusion checkpoint dropdown menu, select the Lyriel_v15 model.
Enter the prompt:
spherical Terrarium, abstract dream, flower, brushes, ivy, foliage, wild, orb, fantasy, complex, gemstone, highly detailed, intricate, elaborate, octane render, 4k HDR, colorful, fractal, black background, eco system, glowing, reflection, crepuscular rays, luminescence
- “Spherical” Defines the shape of the terrarium.
- Various objects like flowers, brushes, etc define the content inside the terrarium.
- Lighting keywords are important to create the contrast: glowing, reflection, crepuscular rays, luminescence.
Enter the negative prompt:
monotone, boring, watermark, text, overexposed, simple, minimalist
- “overexposed” keep the image darker.
- “simple” and “minimalist” increases details.
Sampling method: DPM++2M Karras
Sampling steps: 20
CFG Scale: 7
Once you see an image you like, click Send to img2img for upscaling.
Step 2: Upscaling
We will use ControlNet Tile upscaling to enlarge the image while adding beautiful details at the same time. This is the best perfect for images with lots of details like this.
Navigate to the img2img tab. Your image should
In the ControlNet section, set the following parameters in ControlNet (Unit 0).
- Enable: Yes.
- Preprocessor: tile_resample.
- Model: control_XXXX_tile.
You don’t need to upload an image.
In the Script dropdown menu, select Ultimate SD upscale.
Enter the following settings for Ultimate SD upscale.
- Target size type: Scale from image size.
- Scale: 2 (You can pick higher if you want to scale to larger.)
- Upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp
The prompt and negative prompts should have been populated.
Sampling method: Euler a
Sampling steps: 40.
Denoising strength: 0.5.
Now the upscaling is complete.